Monteverde USA now has fountain pen flush and is safe for use in all fountain pens. In 1981 Jerry Greenberg wanted to sell pens. It’s that simple. Consequently, some 36 years later, he has done exactly that selling an untold number of pens world-wide. As a result came repairs and service for not only the rollerballs, ballpoints and pencils, but also the fountain pens.
It became evident that most of the fountain pens that were returned to Yafa (world headquarters for Monteverde) weren’t damaged. Nor were the pens defective. The problem most fountain pens had coming back to Yafa was that they were quite simply clogged with ink. The ink could have dried up and sat in the pens for months or even years. They realized new need, and team Monteverde created this great fountain pen flush. It’s simple to use, and gives great results. I’ve been using it here at the shop for cleaning customers’ pens, and the results have been excellent.
Simple step by step instructions are below:
1. Clean a fountain pen with distilled or tap water until the water runs clear. You’ll want to get rid of as much old ink as you can this way. You won’t soil your cleaner as quickly, hence you’ll know when the pen is truly clean.
2. Fill and flush your fountain pen with Monteverde USA® Pen Flush. Repeat to remove any extra ink. When your fountain pen flush comes clear again you’ll know all foreign particulates got removed. Your pen is now clean.
3. Fill and flush with clean water again to remove any remaining pen flush. Removing the flush will ensure/help in keeping the pen from skipping.
4. Wrap the nib with a paper towel, completely covering it. Grab tightly and shake the nib in hard strokes downward. This will remove any remaining liquid in the nib section.
5. Fill with fresh Monteverde ink (or whatever your favorite ink is), and your pen will write like new.